Welcome to People Inc.!
Faced with a myriad of options for the people they support, care coordinators may experience challenges locating the right services. People Inc. is here to help! Our Admissions Team is standing by to provide you with assistance to navigate the process, identify tailored solutions and determine the best People Inc. services and community supports.
NEW EVENT: Join us on Friday, October 14 from Noon to 3 p.m. in Buffalo for a "Care and Learn with People Inc.: A Tailored Open-house Style Event for Care Coordinators and Healthcare Professionals." Snacks and light refreshments will be provided. Learn more
Stacy Blair and Linda Rinaldo of People Inc. Admissions shared their expertise with viewers of WNY Tonight on Lockport Community Television. They talked about our various agency supports and the steps to take when a family or person with an intellectual or developmental disability may need assistance.
View the show
Ask us a Question
To help us better serve you, we have created an online form for you to provide specific information on the type of program/supports you are seeking for someone or in general. This will provide important information for when a member of our Admissions Team reaches out to you. The Admissions Department can also be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org or at 716.880.3700 (Western New York) or at 585.441.9300 (Greater Rochester region).
New features: Check out our Brochure library and Care Coordinator Connection editions
Stay up to date: Sign up for the People Inc. Care Coordinator Connection e-newsletter.
What’s New at People Inc.
- Enrollments NOW accepted for Respite Houses in Bowmansville (Lancaster) and Wheatfield - offers planned and emergency on-site care, by the hour or overnight - including after school or program hours, for people with developmental disabilities. The site is wheelchair accessible and is available 24/7.
- Openings: Afternoon Respite has openings in Rochester.
- People Home Health Care, an affiliate of People Inc., is accepting referrals to provide physical, occupational and speech therapies. For more info or to make a referral, call 716.874.5600. Presentations are available for care coordinators, discharge planners and medical offices by contacting Jake Wilkins, RN, at email@example.com or 716.566.4814.
- Our Rehabilitative Health Services and Social Work are accepting new patients, specializing in assisting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Located at 800 Hertel Avenue, Suite 101, in Buffalo, NY, services are provided in our new medical facility to help ensure that medical care is accessible all in one place.
- Openings: Several Perfect Fit housing options are seeking residents.
- Now Accepting Applications: “On Our Way @Wayside,” a new project, located in Hamburg. The residence provides people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a space to live and build important life skills.
- Openings: Recreational Respite for 18+ has openings in Depew and Lockport.
- Our Affordable Apartments supporting the general public, including set asides for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, are accepting applications for various locations, including the Olmsted Apartments.
- People Inc. Senior Living is accepting applications for its locations throughout Western New York, including Amherst, Angola, Blasdell, Gowanda*, Grand Island, Lackawanna, Lockport, South Buffalo and Wheatfield. *Our Gowanda location provides HUD Section 202 Affordable Housing and NYS Tax Credit apartments for seniors age 62+. Accessible unit available. Amenities vary. TTD/TTY: 1.800.662.1220.
Over the years, People Inc., a multispecialty non-profit health and human services agency, has grown greatly in numbers of populations served, variety of services and number of locations in Western New York and the Greater Rochester region. People Inc. strives to instill its values to improve lives, provide respect, pursue excellence, promote diversity and inclusion. We started with less than 10 employees and more than 50 years later, we have nearly 4,000 staff members. Our team makes an impact for more than 12,000 people of all abilities and ages across nearly 200 locations and in the community. Programs and services include: Residential, Child and Young Adult Services, Community Habilitation, Day Services, Vocational Services and Supported Employment, Family Supports, Respite, Self-Directed Services, Health Services, Services for Older Adults, Affordable Apartments and various Business Solutions.
People Inc. EMOD Project Management services can provide access to adaptations to the home environment through OPWDD waiver funding (currently HCBS). Care Coordinators/Care Managers -- to apply, fill out the People Inc. EMOD and Clinical Assessment Form. After receiving this packet, People Inc. will then arrange most clinical, professional design and project management services.
People Inc. offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services for people with disabilities, children, seniors and the community. Our Rehabilitative and Social Work Services specializes in care for people with developmental disabilities and our Home Health Care Services is available for people with and without disabilities. People Certified Home Health is the only agency in Western New York that provides specialized home health care to people with developmental disabilities.