Home Health Care
People Home Health, an affiliate of People Inc. for those with short-term health needs, is focused on providing high quality and personalized patient care for people with and without developmental disabilities. Whether you, a loved one or a patient you assist is living with a chronic condition, need a smooth transition from hospital/rehabilitation center to home, recovering from an illness/injury or need extra assistance, highly-skilled staff are available to meet specific needs. People Home Health is the only agency in Western New York that provides specialized home health care for people with developmental disabilities.
Now accepting referrals for: Physical, occupational and speech therapies.
Hours: 24-hour accessibility.
Fees: Home Health care is covered by most insurance plans, subject to coverage criteria and in some instances, copays, as well as Medicare and Medicaid.
Administrative Offices: 1219 North Forest Road, Williamsville, NY 14221
Who is supported? People 18 years old and older with and without developmental disabilities at home (including certified settings, IRAs and apartment buildings for seniors).
What type of services are provided? Intermittent Skilled Nursing; Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies; Nutrition and Medical Social Work.
The emphasis is on treating acute conditions by providing brief appropriate house visits. Our highly skilled and compassionate staff work with patients and their families. Our focus is on proven, quality care, which:
- Specializes in supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Provides patient care in the comfort of their own home to enhance their wellbeing and regain independence
- Provides solutions that support seniors to remain in their own apartments and homes
- Offers more cost effective services than alternative long-term care options
There are many times that someone would benefit from our People Home Health Services, including: Treatment for new medical diagnoses, such as diabetes, cardiac and lung diseases; wound care and skin breakdown; frequent hospital emergency room visits; after an injury, surgery or hospital stay; age-related conditions and for assistance with medication management.
Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program
Erie, Genesee and Niagara Counties
Participants are responsible to coordinate and manage their home care services, including hiring, training, supervising and scheduling their staff. The program is for people (or their legal guardians) who are able to make informed choices.
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program provides many benefits, such as:
- Enabling self-directing people, who are receiving home care services under the Medical Assistance Program, greater flexibility and freedom of choice over their services.
- Allowing people to become active participants in the development of their own plan of care.
- Giving people the responsibility for coordination and management of their own services by allowing them to interview, hire, train, supervise and schedule their own employees.
- Giving people responsibility for coordinating any other service that they may need.
Medicaid eligibility required.
For more information or to apply for the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, call 716.874.5600.