Browse the latest People Inc. and affiliate news, updates and press releases.
Weather-related or other closing updates for programs/services are available. Learn more
People enrolled in our Hamburg-based Southtowns Afternoon Respite had a blast this summer, visiting local attractions and taking part in fun activities! Staff took special care to plan each trip, catering the group’s schedule to attendees’ wants and needs. From sporting events to skill-building, there were tons of things to do and see. Some examples include:
- Joining a boating excursion on Lake Erie through Excalibur Leisure Skills Center, Inc.
- Blueberry-picking and a enjoying a ropes course at Blueberry Treehouse Farm
- Taking a gallery tour and experiencing a workshop at Burchfield Penny Art Center
- Cheering on the Buffalo Bisons at an exciting home game
- Interacting with therapy goats and exploring the space at Rowandale Goat Farm
Southtowns Afternoon Respite is part of People Inc.’s Respite Services, which offer enriching activities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, while families get a break from everyday care. Our dedicated staff create a safe, nurturing environment where people can grow their skills, socialize and gain meaningful relationships. Learn more.
Check out photos from Southtowns Afternoon Respite in the gallery below! (Click to expand each picture)