On a daily basis, gifts from people and businesses strengthen our People Inc. mission to help support our programs and services.
People Inc. Foundation Supporting Members are special supporters who pledge a recurring gift of $10 a month or a one-time gift of $100 or more.
This commitment will further help people with developmental disabilities and older adults live more healthy, independent and productive lives.
Supporting Members also receive some great benefits, including:
- Supporting Member Certificate
- People Inc. Foundation Calendar
- Surprise Gift
- Invitation to our exclusive Supporting Members Appreciation Event
- Inclusion in published donor listings
- Foundation updates throughout the year
- An additional calendar mailed to a person of your choice
For more information, please contact 716.817.7269.
What is a Tribute Gift, why make one?
A Tribute Gift is a donation made in memory or in honor of a special person in your life. It helps support the People Inc. Foundation.
- In Memory of - A gift, in memory of someone, is a thoughtful way to memorialize the life of a loved one, while continuing to support a mission you or they cared deeply about.
- In Honor of - Celebrations, such as birthdays, anniversaries, promotions, awards, weddings or any occasion that brings joy, is a time to give in honor of someone special. You spread the love while supporting the mission of People Inc. and the community it serves.
Here’s just one example of how Tribute Gifts make a difference:
After the passing of Linda Baruch and Warren Weiss, the People Inc. Foundation received 65 Tribute Gifts honoring the lives and memories of these two very special people. The tribute gifts were designated to benefit the individuals served by People Inc. and the staff at the Newton house. As a result of the tribute gifts, the Newton house will continue to enjoy their annual picnic and play games previously hosted by Linda. The picnic was a favorite activity for her brother, Warren. The tribute gifts will also be used to purchase outdoor furniture for residents to enjoy during the warmer months. Each gift is a testament in recognizing their loving relationship - and that their influence on those they left behind - will not soon be forgotten.
How can I make a Tribute Gift to the People Inc. Foundation?
- To make a Tribute Gift online, visit our donate page.
- To create a Facebook fundraiser online, log on to your Facebook page and go to facebook.com/fund/peopleinc. Sharing your Tribute announcement on social media can inspire others to make their own tribute gift to People Inc.
- Tribute Gifts can be made at any time in any envelope, but if you’d like, you may request a FREE set of five Tribute envelopes or arrange for a larger supply of free special Tribute envelopes for a memorial service or special occasion by contacting us at email@example.com or call 716.817.7269.
“My dad’s legacy gift, a life estate – I saw it as a token of our belief in the work and purpose of People Inc. I just felt that People Inc. had been such a big part of my sister’s life, in terms of opportunities to develop and function in society. There was really never any question in my mind that it was the right thing to do.” - Peter Gregory, Esq., Son of Charitable Legacy Society Member Donald Gregory
Making a Planned Gift is a beautiful way of expressing the gratitude we have towards People Inc. as well as an effective means of extending our generosity well into the future.
Your Planned Gift can create a lasting impact for People Inc. in significant ways:
- Ensuring that children and adults with special needs continue to receive the services and care they deserve
- Providing advocacy and collaborative efforts
- The continual “seeding” for new ideas and advancements to keep up with changing needs.
- Accomplish your desired goals
To learn more about how you can make a lasting difference in the lives of people with special needs, call 716.817.7269.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Make a Gift That Pays You Back For Life
Right Now You Can Help Secure Your Future and the Future of People Inc. with a Charitable Gift Annuity
Today, it’s not uncommon for folks to look for ways in which to create a guaranteed income for life and there are several ways in which you can do this. BUT … what if you wanted to find a way to support the future of People Inc. as well?
Could you do both?
Yes! A gift annuity is an extraordinary way to make a charitable gift, increase your guaranteed income and cut your tax bill … all in one simple transaction.
5 Ways You Win:
- Receive an immediate charitable tax deduction and potential savings in capital gains and estate tax
- Collect fixed income for your lifetime (and your spouse/loved one if joint life option chosen)
- Choose when your income begins – at age 60 or later. The older you are when your income payments begin, the higher your rate.
- Fund your gift with as little as $5,000 in cash or securities
- Support the long term life-changing mission of People Inc.
Get a FREE, no-obligation gift illustration today to review your personalized benefits.
Rates guaranteed up to 9.25%*!
You qualify if you:
- Can make a gift of $5,000 or more
- Want fixed lifelong payments starting at age 65 or older
Consult your tax advisor to determine how much of your donation may be deductible.
Also, rates are based on your current age at the time you make your gift.
Request your FREE personalized gift illustration today, with no obligation!
To request your FREE personalized gift annuity illustration, 716.817.7269.
The WNY Coalition Pooled Trust is a collaboration between People Inc., Center for Elder Law & Justice and KeyBank. It has been in existence since 2004, serving hundreds of beneficiaries.
What is a Pooled Trust?
A pooled trust is a type of Supplemental Needs Trust (SNT) intended to help people with disabilities maintain Medicaid eligibility or Social Security by depositing their income or a lump sum into the trust.
The money deposited can be used to pay bills and expenses (with some limitations); all while not jeopardizing Medicaid or other Social Security Benefits.
Why consider the WNY Coalition Pooled Trust?
- Simple and quick process; lower fees than most
- Local and well-established, providing personalized attention
- The WNY Coalition is Medicaid approved
- The opportunity to leave a legacy and provide for the future security of People Inc. by designating the People Inc. Foundation as a beneficiary of the trust remainderment
Let us show you how OUR Pooled Trust can protect the financial future of your loved one with special needs and you. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, go to WNYPooledTrust.org or call 716.817.7484 or 1.866.362.5081.